You know the drill: summer means swimwear season and who wouldn’t like a trimmer waist to flaunt at the beach? You can do these exercises anytime at home and you’ll notice a difference in two weeks.
1. Sit on a folded towel on the floor with knees bent and feet flat on the floor, then lean back to rest on elbows.
2. Press rounded lower back into floor, squeeze abs and curl torso up towards the left, lifting arms so that both hands grasp the outside of the left thigh.
3. Maintaining curl, release hands so that both hover to outside of thigh and do 20 pulses: Curl torso up toward left by 1 inch, then lower 1 inch. Make it easier: Keep hands on thigh for pulses. Make it harder: Raise arms overhead for pulses.
4. Switch sides and repeat. Do 3 sets.
1. Lie on your left side on the floor with legs stacked and a rolled-up towel between thighs, propping your torso on your left elbow so that the left forearm is perpendicular to the torso.
2. Lift the hips so that your body forms a straight line from head to toe and squeeze towel between thighs. Hold for 1 count, then lower.
3. Do 10 reps. Switch sides and repeat. Do 3 sets.
1. Sit on a folded towel on the floor, lean back to rest on elbows and place feet together on a wall in front of you so that knees are bent about 90 degrees.
2. Extend legs up, keeping feet against the wall, then press rounded lower back into floor and squeeze abs as you lift arms to reach toward feet. Make it harder: Press feet into wall as you reach.
3. Do 20 pulses: Curl torso up 1 inch, then lower 1 inch. Do 3 sets, hugging knees to chest to rest between sets.
Which waist-slimming exercises work for you?