3 Unique Cocktail Ideas
Tired of your usual beverage or just want to try something new and exciting? Why not test-out some of these cocktails which are sure to steer you away from that mundane vodka-lime-soda combination, and update your taste palette as well. Order them while you’re out, make them at home, or simply add them to your Pinterest ‘wish’ list.
This one is for all the avocado enthusiasts – a cocktail which combines a classic margarita with a subtle taste of thyme leaves and avocado.
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp salt
230ml silver tequila
120ml lime juice
120ml light agave syrup
1 medium avocado (pitted and peeled)
- Mix the thyme and salt in a small bowl, then add a little bit of agave syrup into another bowl. Line the rim of the glass with the syrup, then with the thyme and salt mixture.
- Place all the remaining ingredients into a blender and mix well on a high speed.
- Pour the mixture into a cocktail shaker, and shake for 20-30 seconds until well combined. Pour into the cocktail glass, and serve immediately.
For those who like it a little bit fancy, champagne is paired with a splash of grapefruit and mint for a fresh taste. Almost to pretty to drink!
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 bunch fresh mint
2-3 cups grapefruit juice
1 bottle champagne
- Add the sugar, water and mint to a boil over a saucepan on low heat. As the sugar begins to simmer, remove the pan and let it cool completely.
- Pour into a glass, then top off with champagne and edible flowers.
Primarily a winter cocktail, this drink combines eggnog and a splash of rum for a truly one-of-a-kind taste.
7ml Pimento Liqueur
14ml lime juice
29ml grapefruit juice
7ml simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)
Edible silver flake for garnish
- Add all the ingredients into a shaker and mix well for six seconds. Then add ice, and repeat the step again.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass, then garnish with edible silver flakes. Easy!
Images and Recipes via Departures, Camille Styles, Chow