4 Winter Cocktail Recipes
With the temperature dropping, it gives us an entirely new reason to recreate some easy but traditional cocktails which are best consumed when it’s cold and dreary outside. Invite over some friends and impress them with your bartender skills by creating these four easy drinks for a rainy winter day.
1. White Russian
Ideal for those who are fond of rich, creamy drinks.
1/2 cup cream (or milk)
- Combine the Kahlua or alternatively any coffee flavoured liqueur of your choice with the vodka and milk.
- Use a tall glass so the mixture doesn’t overflow, and give it a good shake.
- Pour over ice in a highball glass.
Ideal for those who love a dry, classic cocktail.
2 dashes of bitters
- Add the vermouth, whiskey, bitters and a handful of ice into a shaker.
- Shake until the mixture has completely combined, then pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Serve with a cherry for extra taste and flavour.
3. Old Fashioned
Ideal for those who want a sweet yet sour drink.
One sugar cube
60ml bourbon (or whiskey)
3-5 dashes of bitters
- Drop the sugar cube into a tall glass, and include a few drops of water so it can dissolve.
- Next include 3-5 dashes of bitters, depending on the taste you would like to achieve. Follow with ice cubes and alcohol, and stir until they completely mix.
- For an extra taste, include the peel of an orange or any other citrus fruit.
4. Spiced Hot Toddy
Ideal for those who want a warm drink for winter
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup boiling water
3 whole gloves garlic
1 cinnamon stick
1 sliced lemon
- Pour the honey, boiling water and whiskey into a large mug.
- Garlic cloves can be used to spice up the drink if you’re feeling under the weather, but aren’t essential in recreating this traditional recipe. Add cinnamon and a slice of lemon to taste.
- Combine and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to really come through.
Recipes via All Recipes, Barzine. Image via Mercury New.
By Felicia Sapountzis