5 Fake Tan Tips for a Natural-Looking Tan
Spring Racing is in full flight and summer is just around the corner, so there’s never been a better time to get your faux tan on.
Jodi Bibra, spray tan technician and owner of Tanology, Australia’s ultimate tanning accessories company, has collated her top 5 tanning tips from preparation to after-tan maintenance! to help you look your radiant best this season.
1. Preparation is everything! Make sure your tan is not a rush job
- Make sure you book in your waxing well ahead of time; a minimum of two days before you tan. If you shave, do this at least 12 hours prior.
- Exfoliate – The day prior to your tanning appointment exfoliate your body, paying special attention to elbows, knees, ankles and feet. tanGO tan removal products are perfect for this so get tanGO-ing!
- Moisturise – Give your skin a big drink of moisture the night before; this will ensure your tan applies flawlessly
Ensure you are:
- Showered with no perfume
- Not wearing deodorant or any other form of barrier on your skin
2. A good trick is to apply a light coat of moisturiser on the elbows, knees, tops of feet, ankles, wrists and the top of your hands. This will help form a barrier so the tan will not grab in these areas.
When applying your tan, I recommend using a tan applicator mitt like our very own tanON, to ensure your tan is applied without mess and streaks.
3. Don’t over tan – less tan and a natural-looking tan is always best
4. Moisturising is a big factor at this time of year as we emerge from winter. We have all been covered up and our skin really suffers. Make sure to moisturise every day. Fish oil is also a great for hydrating the skin. The better condition your skin, the more flawless your spray or self-tan will be, and also it will last longer. A great trick is to use a tanGO tan removal cloth everyday in the shower to keep your skin always buffed and polished.
5. Never be without a bronzer, it is perfect for blending tanning errors
Visit www.tangocloth.com.au for more information.