5 Ingredients Or Less Christmas Nibbles
The last thing you need at Christmas is to fuss in the kitchen over elaborate nibbles. We’ve got 3 recipes using 5 ingredients or less that we guarantee your guests will love!
Belle Pepper Tartlets
Sandhurst Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 sheets ready rolled frozen puff pastry
2 tablespoons Sandhurst basil pesto
36 Sandhurst Cheese Filled Belle Peppers, drained
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Coat 3 x 12 hole mini muffin trays with oil.
3. Using a 5cm round biscuit cutter, cut 36 pastry circles and place each one in a muffin hole.
4. Whisk together eggs and pesto. Spoon a teaspoonful of the mixture into each pastry base. Place a Belle Pepper upright on each base.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes until pastry is crisp and golden and serve immediately.
Marinated Fragrant Olives
2 cups or 1 large tub mixed green and black olives, such as Kalamata and Sicilian
Rind of 1 orange
3 sprigs of rosemary
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes, or to taste
1. Place all the ingredients in a small pan and heat over low heat for about 5 minutes, until warm and fragrant.
2. Spoon into a serving bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature. The longer the olives sit the more flavour they will develop.
Southern Devilled Eggs
8 hard boiled eggs
1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1-2 Tspn chives, parsley or a mixture of both, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. Cut the eggs in half lengthways and place on a serving plate.
2. Remove the yolk and mash with the other ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon mixture into the hollow of the egg with a spoon or piping bag, and garnish with extra chopped herbs.
What are you serving for Christmas nibbles?