5 Innovative Ways To Capture Your Holiday Memories
If you holiday once or several times a year, you not only make special memories with the loved ones you are with, but you are also visiting a new part of the world that you may or may not ever see again. Whether you stay in Australia for a beach holiday, travel to Europe for a city break or visit Africa to experience a safari, you will make unique memories that it is important to capture so they last a lifetime.
Here are five innovative ways that you can use to preserve those precious memories:
1. A photo speaks a thousand words, so a main way to capture these memories is through images and a modern way to do this is through the use of a selfie stick. Long ago are the days when you took your photos, sent off the film when you returned home to receive it back weeks later and discover your finger right across the center.
Today we rarely take a typical camera as our smartphones do the job for us, with which we can take the photo as many times as is necessary to get one we are happy with and without having to ask a passer-by to stop and take it for us. As things advance we can upload our selfies, which we can now take with our selfie sticks, to our social media accounts so everyone can see what we are doing as we do it!
2. A photo album and not the Facebook kind! We all love to upload our snaps to social media and create an online record. But since we have used technology to store our photos, how often do we print them off? We used to fill actual photo album sleeves so we could flick through them and look at the original print.
A modern version of this is the photobook, available from places such as Photobox, this goes further than your traditional album. Adorn the front with your favourite snap, then customise the design and layout including text and images. The result is a book the whole family can enjoy looking through time and time again!
3. Rather than having a generic mousemat, a plain mug and the same phone cover as everyone else why not adorn your everyday items with your favourite photos from your holiday? From the pillows on your bed to the calendar on your desk at work, so much can be personalised with images that you can have items for home, work and on-the-go. This is a special and unique way to capture the memory of your holiday, and means you always have a photo at hand to share stories of your trip.
4. Photos aren’t the only way to capture your holiday! A modern version of a diary or travel journal is to keep a blog. This can be set up for free through sites such as WordPress. Document your holiday online, where you can include photos and videos if you wish, to share with friends and family. You can then look back over your holiday, so no part is forgotten, remembering not only what you did but your thoughts and feelings as well.
5. Relive your holiday through video footage. But like the old school ways of sending off our rolls of film to receive our photos, this is not footage captured on a video camera that you wait till you get back home to connect up to the TV and watch. This video can be filmed on your smartphone, uploaded to social media or You Tube if you wish for a wider audience to see. Also with apps such as iMovie, your week away can be transformed into a movie you can show the grandchildren one day.