5 Minutes With Napoleon Perdis
Makeup extraordinaire Napoleon Perdis shares some of his famous beauty techniques with SheSaid, and gives those of us stuck in a makeup rut a great tip for updating our look!
1. What’s your favourite makeup look for spring?
You can’t go wrong with a creamy bronze eye look with lots of mascara and a timeless ruby red lip.
2. Which product can’t you live without for the warmer months?
Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer. Commit this to memory: not to prime is a crime! It creates a super-smooth canvas and lets makeup go the distance especially as the temperature starts to rise.
3. You’re known as the king of the runway – what are some runway techniques we can adapt for everyday wear?
Contouring is crucial backstage and it’s easy to do from home. Just sweep a bronzer (like Bronze Patrol) right under the jaw line from the ear to the chin for an instant slimming effect. This also makes the face look more angular.
4. What’s your favourite quick makeup tip to make anyone look more amazing?
Apply three coats of mascara. It opens up your eyes and creates a map for your face. Think of mascara as a cup of coffee to the complexion.
5. Women often get stuck in a makeup rut. What’s an easy way to update your makeup look?
Now is the perfect time to usher in a vibrant lipstick like classic red or tangerine. To ease into a new colour, try wearing it for 12 minutes to give your eyes time to adapt and then decide if you like it or not.
6. There have been some amazing product launches from Napoleon Perdis in the last few years. What’s coming up for the brand?
I’ve very excited to debut the Holiday Collection in October – it’s absolutely stunning and very luxurious. As for 2012, I’ve revamped the best-selling Camera Finish with a sleek gold palette and plenty of new advanced anti-ageing benefits. And lots more to come!
What’s your favourite Napoleon Perdis product?