5 Reasons You’re Not Having An Orgasm

July 23, 2015

The moods set and you’re ready to do the deed, but something just isn’t working – that’s why we’ve put together the top 5 reasons you’re not having an orgasm.

Did you know that only 10 per cent of women easily climax? While the other 90 per cent of us are left struggling to reach that moment of pleasure no matter how much we anticipate it. Sexual positions and libido aside, there are some lesser-known reasons why you just aren’t making it. But, don’t stress, you can fix it!

RELATED: 5 Ways To Get In The Mood For Hot Sex

You spend all day at a desk

Spending your day cooped up at a desk can actually shorten your pelvic muscles. This may not seem like a big deal but it not only leads to pelvic pain, it can also make it harder to orgasm. For some, these symptoms might appear mere months after starting a new desk job – for others it may take years. However, your job doesn’t have to doom you to a lifetime of bad sex. Getting up and moving around every half-hour or so, or stretching your hip flexors with back bends, squats and butterfly stretches, can all see you on the road to recovery – and a healthier and happier sex life.

You’re overdoing the alcohol

To orgasm your body needs plenty of H2O because the arousal tissue linked to your orgasms is comprised of collagen, elastin and relaxin. For the tissue to do its job it needs to be able to slide and guide, but without fluid it can’t do this. Since alcohol dries up your body, make sure you drink plenty of water whenever you indulge in that always-tempting bottle of wine.

Your medication is interfering

Every day medications like blood pressure tablets, contraceptive pills, and anti-depressants are the main culprits. A common side effect of these drugs is a spike in your prolactin levels – a protein that reduces libido. The antihistamines in these drugs can also reduce your ability to self-lubricate and make sex uncomfortable. This means that you will probably need lube to prevent discomfort and get closer to pleasure. If you have any of these symptoms it’s best to seek medical advice before you take action.

Your partner hasn’t worked out your pleasure spots

Every woman’s parts are slightly different, including your pleasure spots. If you’re in a new relationship or your partner is generally inexperienced, he might need some guidance. Communication is the key here. Talk to him, let him know what feels good, or to get really kinky and show him.

RELATED: Masturbation Month: Why Self-Pleasure Is Good For You

You don’t masturbate enough

Did you know that how often you pleasure yourself directly affects your chances of reaching orgasm when you’re with your partner? This is because your ability to fantasise during masturbation can help you be more orgasmic during foreplay or sex. Jenny Block, author of O Wow: Discovering Your Ultimate Orgasm, says that “orgasm breeds orgasm,” and recommends masturbating at least three times per week.

Overcoming your sexual obstacles really is easier than you may think. You’ll be orgasming every time once you work out the kinks in your relationship.

Image source: www.mindbodygreen.com

Want More?

Have our best reads delivered straight to your inbox every week by subscribing to our newsletter.



You Said