5 Things You Need To Know About The Golden Globes
1. The King’s Speech, which I raved about and stars Aussie Geoffrey Rush, is the most nominated film of 2011, with seven nominations. Go Geoffrey!
2. Jack Nicholson is the golden boy of the Golden Globes. Not only is he the male actor with the most awards (he’s picked up 6 Globes all up), he famously mooned the audience at the 1999 ceremony. Thanks Jack!
3. Meryl Streep has won even more than Jack – she’s got seven Globes on her mantlepiece, most recently last year for Julie & Julia – love that movie!
4. We’re completely jealous of the giftbags – this year they’re worth almost $800 and packed with goodies from L’Oreal and Ralph Lauren. Do you think celebs hit eBay after the ceremony and sell what they don’t want?
5. This year’s host, Ricky Gervais, says he planned to come out on stage dressed as Hitler, as a blatant jab at Mel Gibson. But the Golden Globes committee immediately rejected that idea.
Who do you hope will win at this year’s Golden Globes?