7 Ways To Prevent Fatigue
Admit it, you’re tired, right? You’re not the only one – between work, a social life and family responsibilities, life can wear you down. Leading naturopath Tim Altman shows us how to deal with fatigue and get more energy every day.
1. Eliminate or dramatically reduce dietary intake of the following:
Sugars – including sugar, sweets, chocolates, added sugars, refined carbohydrates (white flour/rice in bread, pasta, cakes, biscuits, cereals, muesli bars etc.) and alcohol.
Processed foods – foods containing chemicals or that have been refined in any way.
Stimulants – coffee, energy drinks, cigarettes, alcohol, drugs.
2. Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks daily and include protein in each meal and snack (especially breakfast).?
3. Exercise regularly.
4. Breathe through the nose at all times, using the diaphragm (even during exercise) rather than using the mouth, chest and shoulders.?
5. Cleanse you gut and liver via detoxification processes.?
6. Learn to relax and balance your nervous system via meditation and yoga.?
7. Use a herbal adaptogen such a Siberian Red to assist in undoing the damage caused by over stimulation of the nervous system and the resulting adrenal fatigue.?
How do you beat fatigue?