Guilt-Free Acai Chocolate Nice-Cream Recipe
Vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and OMG SO YUM!
Everyone loves a delicious ice-cream, but it has such an unfortunate amount of calories and fat.
While there are some crazy ice-cream concoctions so good you would travel the globe for, in everyday life it’s more likely you’ll seek a treat that’s delicious, healthy and – most importantly of all – Instagram-worthy.
Well, stop your search. We’ve found a mouthwatering guilt-free treat that you can make in the comfort of your own home.
Introducing nice-cream, using frozen bananas to mimic the decadent creaminess of ice-cream but with none of the bad stuff.
We’re loving this easy-to-follow recipe, created by Jacqueline Alwill of The Brown Paper Bag, which combines berries and superfood acai to make a yummy dessert that’s good for you and tastes just as amazing as your fave ice-cream treat.
Makes 8 small ice-pops
2 (200g) peeled small frozen bananas
3/4 cup frozen raspberries
3/4 cup frozen strawberries
1 1/2 teaspoons beetroot powder
2 teaspoons acai powder
2 teaspoons vanilla paste
90g Well Naturally Acai Chocolate, melted, for the topping
1. Combine the bananas, raspberries, strawberries, beetroot powder, acai powder and vanilla paste in a high-powdered blender or food processor and blend well to combine.
2. Pour into 8 small ice-pop molds and place a paddle-pop stick into each mold. Ensure there are no air bubbles by tapping the molds against a counter.
3. Transfer to the freezer to set overnight.
4. When the ice-pops have set, melt the chocolate. To melt, heat a saucepan full of water until gently simmering and place a stainless-steel mixing bowl on top. Break the chocolate into pieces and place into the bowl. Allow to slowly melt, stirring occasionally and ensuring the heat doesn’t get too high. It should take about 5 minutes for the chocolate to melt completely.
5. Remove the ice-pops from their molds and transfer to a lined baking tray. Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the top and transfer to the freezer to set.
Comment: What’s your fave surprisingly healthy treat?