Anti-Ageing Avocado Beauty Treatments
Avocados contain anti-ageing properties so they’re not only really good for you on the inside, but provide an excellent anti-ageing treatment for the skin as well. The essential fatty acids and other nutrients smooth fine lines and nourish the skin, so try these five natural recipes for beautiful skin, hands and hair.
* Beat 1 egg yolk until frothy.
* Add ½ cup milk and half a ripe, mashed avocado.
* Using a blender or fork, beat to a thin cream or lotion-like consistency.
* Use with cotton squares or your fingers to massage lightly over the skin, then remove with tepid water.
Mask For Oily Skin
* Blend the white of an egg with one teaspoon fresh lemon juice and the mashed pulp of ½ ripe avocado until frothy green.
* Cleanse your face and neck thoroughly, pat dry and apply the avocado masque evenly.
* Lie down and relax for about 20 minutes.
* Remove with clear tepid water and a soft face cloth, followed by a cold astringent or skin tonic.
Under Eye Treatment
* Thinly slice one half of an avocado into 5mm thick crescents.
* Lie down and place a few slices under each eye.
* Relax for about 20 minutes.
* Remove and rinse gently with tepid water. Pat dry.
Hair Treatment For Dry Hair
* Place 1 avocado, 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl and mix to a paste.
* Massage a generous amount into your hair.
* Cover hair with a shower cap and leave for 20-30 minutes.
* Wash hair thoroughly and style as usual.
Dry Hand Mask
* Blend together a quarter of an avocado with 1 egg white, 2 teaspoons of oatmeal and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
* Smooth over your hands and leave for 20 minutes.
* Remove with warm water.