Apple Pie Grilled Cheese Is The Afternoon Snack You Need In Your Life
Don’t think about it, just eat it.
We love it when recipes combine two delicious things to make one even more delish hybrid super-dish. And the latest food trend, apple pie grilled cheese, does just that.
When the afternoon munchies hit, it’s always hard to know if your belly needs something sweet or savoury to feel satisfied. Luckily, this insanely drool-worthy new hybrid dish smashes both those cravings in one saliva-inducing bite.
Seriously, don’t waste any more time wondering what combining your two fave snacks might taste like. Get yourself to the kitchen and whip up this #junkfoodporn treat. Now.
Apple Pie Grilled Cheese
1 gala apple
4 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp of butter
2 slices of bread
1. Throw butter and brown sugar in a pan and saute over medium high heat until sugar is completely melted.
2. Peel, core, and slice apple and add to mixture.
3. Stir over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until the apple slices have softened, then remove from heat and set aside.
4. Add a tablespoon of butter to a new pan, melt, and then toast one side of each slice of bread in the butter in the pan until golden.
5. Place several thin slices of cheddar on top of one piece of toast, then spoon the apple slices over the cheddar. Add thin slices of gruyere and then top with second piece of bread. Cook for another couple of minutes in the pan, then serve hot.
Video and recipe via youtube.com and closdetcooking.com.