A core component of keeping your fitness routine up during winter is choosing foods that offer the right balance of nutrients to fuel workouts, aid in recovery and satisfy hunger. To help you get the essential vitamins and minerals to replenish your body, the Asparagus, Pea and Tuna Omelette is a great inclusion in the diet of physically active Aussies. Eggs contain the highest nutritional quality protein of all food sources, aiding in tissue repair and muscle growth. Eggs are also a source of iron, assisting with energy production, a good source of folate to help reduce tiredness and fatigue, and vitamin A to boost your immune system.
Cost per serve $3.95
Preparation time 10 mins
Cooking time 10 mins
1 cup peas
1 bunch asparagus, sliced and blanched
1 small can (95g) tuna in spring water
Pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to boil, blanch asparagus and add peas, quickly cooking for ••• minute. Strain and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, season and whisk.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, spray with oil and pour in half of the egg mix covering the base.
- Cook lightly while lifting and moving the egg around to cook more evenly.
- Just before the omelette is cooked, add half the asparagus, peas and drained tuna.
- Fold in half and slide onto a plate. Repeat the process for the second omelette.
Try using different flavour combinations, from zucchini and semi dried tomatoes to spinach and low fat crumbled feta cheese.
Serve with Wholegrain toast for breakfast or after a workout or with a healthy side salad for lunch.