Avocado Summer Rolls Recipe
Take advantage of the summer to create quick and easy dinner rolls for the entire family. All you really need is a handful of avocados, mixed with some of your favourite vegetables or sweet fruits for a delicious filling.
4 tbsp smooth almond butter
2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp soy sauce
2 medium ripe avocados (peeled, pitted, sliced)
3/4 cup pistachio nuts (chopped)
1 tsp hazelnut oil
Handful of baby spinach
15 rice paper wrappers
3 medium peaches (pitted and sliced)
1 cup mixed fresh basil and mint leaves
- Create the sauce by whisking together the almond butter, tamarind paste, maple syrup, ginger, and soy sauce until you have a smooth consistency.
- For the wraps, place the avocado slices into a dish, and squeeze the lime juice over. Then, mix the pistachios with hazelnut oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Combine the spinach leaves with the rest of the hazelnut oil, and toss gently.
- Fill a flat dish with warm water and gently soak the rice paper one at a time. Place 1-2 peach slices in the middle of each wrapper, then 2-3 avocado slices, a few spinach, basil, and mint leaves, then with a spoonful of pistachios.
- If you’re having some trouble rolling up the paper, fold at the bottom then wrap on each side firmly.
Images and Recipe via Katie At The Kitchen Door