Avocado, Walnut And Pumpkin Salad Recipe
Salad isn’t just for summer. This yummy, warm pumpkin salad is just enough to heat you up from the inside out.
500g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
Tin of beetroot cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
100g baby spinach leaves
1 avocado, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on the tray and drizzle with half the oil.
- Season pumpkin with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place spinach, beetroot and avocado in a large serving bowl. Add the pumpkin.
- Drizzle all with vinegar and the remaining oil.
- Gently toss to combine, then sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serve immediately.