Bacon and Egg Pies
This Father’s Day, treat the dad in your life to these delicious bacon and egg pies. They make a fantastic brunch or serve as part of a lazy afternoon spread with his other favourite foods – he’ll love it!
Serves 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 20 minutes
4 sheets of frozen filo pastry, thawed
2 rashers of bacon
4 tbsp extra light sour cream
4 sprigs parsley, chopped
Pepper to taste
Cooked spinach for serving
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray four compartments of a muffin tray with spray oil, cut the pasty into quarters (or to size) and gently press the pastry into the muffin tin.
2. Place bacon onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 3 – 4 minutes or until done.
3. Place onto a kitchen towel to drain and cool. Cut each rasher in half and place one half into the base of the pastry shell.
4. Mix sour cream, parsley and pepper together and spoon over the bacon.
5. Crack egg over the sour cream mixture.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until cooked.
7. Remove from oven, carefully remove pastry from tin and serve with cooked spinach.
What are you cooking for dad this Father’s Day?