Baked Vanilla Cheesecake With Coconut Topping Recipe
Looking for an Easter treat that will have all of your friends and family praising you for the entire long weekend? This sweet treat from Dairy Australia is a real showstopper. “Cheesecake is always a crowd pleaser,” food director Amanda Menegazzo said. “If you want a break from all the chocolate on Easter Sunday, our Baked Vanilla Spice Cheesecake with Coconut Topping makes an absolutely stunning dessert!”
Makes a 24cm cheesecake
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 70 minutes + cooling time
150g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
100g Australian butter, melted
750g Australian cream cheese, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
300ml carton Australian sour cream
60g Australian butter, extra, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Australian milk
11/2 cups shredded coconut
Assorted Easter eggs and ribbon, to decorate
1. Line the base and sides of a buttered 24cm spring-form pan. Mix together the crumbs and melted butter then press into the base of prepared pan.
2. Beat the cream cheese and caster sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the eggs until just combined, then mix in the vanilla and spices and sour cream. Pour the mixture over the base. Bake the cheesecake at 160⁰C for 50 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for the topping, combine extra butter, brown sugar, milk and coconut and stand for 10 minutes.
4. After 50 minutes baking time, sprinkle topping over the cheesecake and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool completely in the oven with the door ajar, then refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
5. To serve, remove the cake to a serving plate, decorate with eggs and wrap with a ribbon if desired.
- Speckled candy coated chocolate eggs are available in most major supermarkets. Alternatively, pile assorted Easter eggs, both wrapped and unwrapped in the centre of the cake.