Banana Passionfruit Bread With Ricotta
My Kitchen Rules 2011 winners Sammy and Bella share their favourite banana bread recipe flavoured with fresh passionfruit, topped with creamy ricotta – it makes a delicious breakfast or morning tea treat!
Makes one loaf
265g wholemeal self-raising flour
40g plain flour
1tsp ground cinnamon
140g brown sugar
2 eggs, light beaten
50g butter, melted
1 over ripe banana
9 passion fruits
50g shredded coconut
Spray olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray a 11x21cm loaf pan with spray olive oil. Line the base and two opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overlap.
2. Sift the flours, cinnamon, and sugar into a large bowl. Place milk, eggs, melted butter, banana in a medium mixing bowl. Pass 6-7 of the passionfruits’ pulp through a sieve to remove seeds and place into bowl with wet ingredients and stir until well combined. If you still have lumps of banana, use a hand-mixer to break up large pieces.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir, add oats and shredded coconut. Stir until well combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle over some left over passionfruit seeds and shredded coconut.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
5. Cut into slices and toast. Garnish with a scoop of ricotta and some fresh passionfruit pulp.
What’s your favourite banana bread recipe?