Barbecued Chicken Burgers
The ultimate winter indulgence – except this recipe is kind to your hips! And it’s a crowd pleaser, regardless of whether you’re feeding a tribe of children on school holidays or your hubby/boy’s footy mates.
2 free-range skinless chicken breasts
1 red onion, sliced
4 wholemeal burger buns, sliced in half
1 tomato, thinly sliced
1 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
Sweet chilli sauce, optional
- Slice each chicken breast in half, cutting into the side of the meat to make two thin pieces.
- Cook chicken on a hot barbecue grill for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- Cook onions on the hot plate until translucent.
- Toast buns on the barbecue grill or in the oven.
- Assemble the burgers with spinach, slices of tomato, onion, mayo and sweet chilli sauce.
Courtesy of The Healthy Mummy