The Many Benefits Of Almond Oil
Not only is almond oil rich in vitamin E and vitamin D, but it can be used to repair a variety of different skin and hair disorders. This concentrated serum is not only inexpensive, but is completely natural and won’t cause any irritation or discomfort to problem areas such as broken or chapped skin and nails. Below are just a few reasons why almond oil should be a permanent fixture in your beauty cabinet.
Almond oil is heavily used in aromatherapy techniques since it helps to relieve stress, anxiety and also to relax the entire body. Pure almond oil can be used for any skin types since it is non-irritating and doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals which could interfere with your current skincare regime. Almond oil helps to repair and replenish the skin in many ways:
- Leads to a brighter and more vibrant complexion. Safe to use on the skin since it is gentle and super-moisturising.
- Healing properties which allow it to moisturise the skin better than creams or spray formulas.
- Helps to improve the effects skin irritation and inflammation on certain problem areas.
- Improves the side effects of continuous skin exposure. Almond oil deeply moisturises and hydrates the skin, which can help to delay the ageing process.
- Lightens any dark circles around the eye area if used for prolonged periods of time.
- Makes the skin smooth and soft – perfect to use on extra-dry areas such as elbows, knees, feet and ankles. Heals broken or cracked skin and helps to make the area feel soft and luxurious.
- Improves the appearance of skin rashes, and gentle enough to use on eczema or rosacea.
- Reduces the size and appearance of stretch marks.
- Can be used as a makeup remover by dissolving any unclean oils left on the skin. Then simply use your favourite cleanser to remove the excess makeup.
- Prevents dandruff and also helps to improve a dry and itchy scalp.
- Also works as a natural shaving foam which is great for people with extremely sensitive skin.
Ever used an oil serum on the ends of your hair? Almond oil is amazing at repairing split ends or broken strands with just a few drops. Simply pour 2-3 drops onto your palm and massage on the length of the hair, concentrating on problem areas. Gentle enough to use on blonde or bleached hair, and won’t stain or destroy lighter hair colours. Almond oil is packed with vitamin E which adds a youthful shine and texture to any hair type. This serum also helps to:
- Moisturise hair and smooth hair cuticles which are damaged by hair colour or heat products.
- Helps to create strong and thick hair after every application.
- Works as a deep-cleansing hair masque to nourish dry patches and repair split ends.
Eat just a few raw almonds every single day for better hair, nails and clear skin. Did you know that almond oil also helps the body from the inside out? Almond oil has been used for centuries as a natural painkiller, since it has a calming effect on the entire body. Some other health benefits include:
- Reduces cholesterol since almonds are packed with monounsaturated fats, health-promoting fats which are proven to reduce the chance of heart disease.
- Improves the digestive system by increasing the amount of good bacteria in the stomach.
- Helps to boost the immune system with just a single teaspoon of almond oil if taken once daily.
- Also works as a pain relief method. Almond oil has been proven to reduce pain levels, but also to relieve sore muscles and joints.
We recommend: In Essence Sweet Almond Massage Base Oil, $9.99
Image via New Health Guide