Kate Beckinsale’s messy hair up style was one of our favourite celebrity hairstyles at the Golden Globes. The naturally loose bun is great for anyone with wavy or curly hair. If you’re a summer bride (or part of the bridal party), we think this would make a romantic wedding or formal hairstyle.
Here’s how celebrity hairstylist Sascha Breuer created the look in just a few easy steps.
1. Start by using Moroccanoil Volumizing Mouse directly on to the roots of damp hair. The mouse will help add body and hold and it’s a great way to set the style in. It’ll also make hair more pliable and easier to work with.
2. Begin blow drying the hair using a skeleton brush, and then use your fingers to create texture and additional volume. Once the hair is fully dry, separate into a horseshoe shaped section (the part between both temples & your crown area) and clip the top section away.
3. Pull the bottom section into a low, side ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic. Then coil & wrap the tail into a messy bun. You can even tug a few strands out to create naturally falling bits and to loosen the bun. Secure hair with bobby pins.
4. Take the hair from the top section and backcomb the roots using Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Round Brush to maximize the volume at the crown and create a slightly disheveled texture.
5. Secure the top section into the existing, loose bun with bobby pins.
6. Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to add shine and long-lasting flexible hold. Spray a little product onto finger tips and work it into the single strands to help define the pieces. Secure the final look with a few more pins.
What did you think of Kate Beckinsale’s Golden Globes hair?