The kids will love the crunchy noodles and you’ll love having a delicious, healthy dinner on the table in under 25 minutes!
600g beef strips
2 carrots, peeled and cut into fine strips (approx 5cm long)
2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, deseeded and cut into fine strips (approx 5cm long)
125g snow peas, topped and cut into fine strips
225g pkt crispy noodles
juice of two limes
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups loosely packed coriander leaves
1. Coat the beef strips in a little oil. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat a non-stick pan to moderately hot. Keep the heat at moderately-high.
2. Cook the beef in 3 batches. Cook the first side until the first sign of moisture appears on the uncooked side, turn and cook other side of the beef strips. Remove the last batch from the pan and allow the beef to cool slightly.
3. Combine the strips of carrot, cucumber and snow peas with the noodles. Add the combined lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and oil. Add the warm beef strips to the vegetables and noodles, add the coriander leaves and toss to combine.
* When buying the crispy noodles, make sure you use ones that say ready to eat on the pack, as some packet noodles need to be cooked first. The crispy noodles give this salad a wonderful crunchy texture.
* When cooking beef strips cook the first side until the first sign of moisture appears on the uncooked side, then turn and cook the other side to complete the cooking. This way the beef will brown well.
* Use beef stir-fry strips for this recipe or prepare your own from rib eye/scotch fillet/tenderloin, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks.
What’s your favourite quick and easy dinner?