Best-Ever Chocolate Mousse
This best-ever chocolate mousse by Lindt master chocolatier Thomas Schnetzler is incredibly smooth and creamy. And easy. Thomas uses Lindt Excellence Ginger for a subtle yet exotic spice, but you could use any other Lindt chocolate. Serve with seasonal berries.
260g Lindt Excellence Ginger
200ml pure cream
5 eggs at room temperature, separated
40g castor sugar
1. Break up the chocolate and gently melt it on a bain marie.
2. Once the chocolate is all molten, remove from the bain marie and set aside.
3. Place egg yolks into a small bowl and break up slightly.
4. In a separate bowl, whip up the cream to ribbon stage.
5. In a clean and dry bowl, make a meringue with the egg whites and the sugar.
6. Mix a little of the melted chocolate with the egg yolk in order to warm the yolks slightly.
7. Then mix the rest of the chocolate into the yolks.
8. At this stage the mixture looks like it might set but just mix in the cream with a whisk create a smooth mixture.
9. Gently fold in the meringue, then pour the mousse into a clean bowl.
10. Cover with cling film and allow the mousse to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
To serve: Scoop quenelles onto serving spoon or dish into martini glasses. Serve with seasonal berries.
What is your favourite SheSaid recipe of all time?