Looking to tone up your body, just in time for the much anticipated bikini season? Some simple ways to shed those extra kilograms include eating right, avoiding processed foods and working out. The secret to a flat tummy is a series of simple but effective exercises which work out the abdominal muscles, and keep your body looking in fabulous shape.
Bent Knee Hip Raise
- Start off by lying on your back, and keep your arms stretched out straight on your sides.
- Now bend your knees at a 90º angle, and raise your hips off the floor. At this stage, the goal should be to keep your knees above your chest. Then simply go back into the start position.
Lying Leg Raises
- Lie down on your back, and place your hands under your hips.
- Press your legs together and raise them upwards. Remember to point your toes, and keep your body straight.
- Feel free to use ankle weights for extra resistance.
- Get into a push-up position, and keep your back nice and straight.
- Push your hips down to the floor, and bring your knee up to your chest. Switch legs in a climbing position.
- Using a fit ball, get into a push up position with your legs arched and your back straight as can be.
- Bring your thighs forward towards your abdomen and stop once your tip-toes are touching the ball.
Bosu Bicycle Crunch
- Hop onto a bosu ball, and raise both of your legs into an arched position. Make sure you’re in a position where you can keep your balance.
- Place hands behind your head, and keep your legs straight. Now bring one knee towards the chest, and alternate just like you’re riding a bicycle.
Images via TW Fitness, Will Run For Boston, Ground Report