Create this delicious red curry and chicken dish with a healthy twist of quinoa instead of rice. Not only is this easy to make, but it’s so delicious (even better for lunch the next day!) Add some of your favourite vegetables including capsicum, mushrooms, and basil leaves for fresh flavour.
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp red curry paste
2 tbsp fish sauce
2-3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon grass
1 large chicken breast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper
Handful of basil leaves
1 cup quinoa
2 cups of water
- Heat some olive oil over a medium pan, and add the sliced mushrooms and sliced pepper. Cook on for 10 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Cook the chicken breast (doesn’t matter whether you choose to boil, grill, or roast it in the oven). Cut into small strips when it’s cooked.
- Add the coconut into a large pan to boil, the slowly reduce to a simmer. Then add the tablespoon of red curry paste, brown sugar, and lemon grass. Stir well.
- After 10 minutes, add the cooked vegetables and slices of chicken into the mixture.
- In another pan, boil 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the water has been completely absorbed.
- To serve, garnish with basil leaves, and serve with quinoa. Yum!
Image and Recipe via Julia’s Album