These savoury muffins are so easy to make, perfect for a weekend lunch if you have visitors coming over or simply a tasty snack to munch on. You can enjoy them warm or cold – my favourite is warm with a little bit of butter that melts just a tad… yum!
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
2 cups tasty cheese, grated
100g mortadella cheese, chopped
1 zuccinni, grated
¼ cup thinly sliced shallots
2 rashers shortcut bacon, diced
¾ cup milk
¼ cup fruit chutney
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and grease well a six-cup Texan muffin pan.
- Sift flour into a large bowl then add cheese, mortadella, zucchini, shallots and bacon.
- In a jug whisk milk, egg, and chutney until combined.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients then pour in milk mixture.
- Gently mix until combined then spoon mixture into muffin pan.
- Sprinkle uncooked mixture with a small amount of smoked paprika.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Turn out onto wire rack to cool.
Image via taste.com.au