Best-Selling Author Tackles Cancer Curse With New Book
Sunshine Coast author Kim McCosker, of 4 Ingredients fame has done it again with Cook 4 a Cure, a collaboration of recipes using just four ingredients or less.
From humble beginnings back in 2007 when the first 4 Ingredients title was rejected by every publishing house in the country, 4 Ingredients Book 1 went on to achieve phenomenal success as the highest selling self-published title in Australian history.
In addition, The 4 Ingredients Cookbook Series is now the highest selling cookbook series in Australia, with the 4 Ingredients iApp one of the most successful lifestyle apps in the Apple iTunes Australian store.
Now, Kim’s sharing inspiration and journeys from Australian women, combined with more than 60 recipes of her own, in Cook 4 a Cure.
Kim said her new book was aimed at celebrating food that’s easy to create and devour.
“Whether you’ve been touched directly by cancer, or know of someone who has, together with the sales of Cook 4 a Cure, 4 Ingredients aims to raise $100,000 for much needed breast cancer research,” Kim says.
Cook 4 a Cure recipes include a Garden Omelette, Pink Velvet Soup, Herbed Ricotta Pie, Truffles and Mint & Raspberry Soft Serve. And ladies, if you fancy the look of the decadent cake on the Cook 4 a Cure’s front cover (pictured below), you can make it! See recipe below.
The book is $24.99 at Big W (a National Breast Cancer Foundation Platinum Partner), in-store and online. Visit www.4ingredients.com.au.
- One in eight women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime.
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation’s goal is to achieve zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030. This is only possible through research.
- Up to 37 Australians are diagnosed with breast cancer every day and seven die daily from the disease.
1, 1, 1, 1/2 Cake
1 cup (120g) desiccated coconut
1 cup (250ml) organic coconut milk
1 cup (175g) organic self raising flour
1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
1/2 cup (115g) softened butter
2 tsp rosewater essence
3 drops rose colouring
1 1/2 cups (180g) pure icing sugar
- Preheat oven 180ºC. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. Line a 16cm cake tin with baking paper (otherwise lightly grease and dust with extra flour).
- Pour in the mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted removes clean. Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely, before icing with this delicious lot of loveliness.
- For the rosewater buttercream: Beat butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Add rosewater and colouring and a spoonful of icing sugar, and then beat until combined. Continue adding spoonfuls of sugar gradually, beating well after each additional, until mixture is smooth and creamy. This gorgeous icing can be piped or spread over 1 large cake or 12 cupcakes.