In order to take the very best care of your skin, it’s important to create a consistent skincare routine at every age.
Whether you’re in your early 20s or late 40s, we have created the perfect skincare routine to prevent and treat any issues which may arise.
We often take advantage of our skin in our early 20s because it always seems to bounce back really quickly, even after a long night of partying!
- Always make sure to use an SPF (even for those days when the weather is looking a little overcast) since it can dramatically influence the state of your skin later in life.
- If you don’t like the idea of cleansing every single day, use a face wipe or micellar water to easily remove any makeup. They also don’t need to be washed off, which is a bonus at 3am!
- Moisturise every single evening with a thicker formula. This will help to hydrate your skin while you sleep, without making it feel too oily by the morning.
By the time you hit the mid 30s, those subtle signs of sun damage are looking a little more prominent, and you might even notice that hyper-pigmentation just developed overnight.
- Use a light cleanser each morning to give your skin a re-fresh before applying other makeup or skincare products.
- Don’t forget to use an eye cream! This is an essential, especially if you’re out in the sun at the hottest points of the days (10am-1pm).
- Moisturise your skin each morning and night with a replenishing formula which is suitable to your skin tone. Something with an added SPF is ideal for the morning, and a hydrating moisturiser is best at night.
The forties are all about adding back the lost moisture in the skin, as well as increasing those serums every evening. Since mature skin can feel rather dry, it’s important to keep it hydrated at all times – especially during the colder weather.
- Wash your face every morning with a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt and grime from the previous night.
- For the evening, use a moisture-rich serum which is concentrated and will hydrate the skin with just a few drops. Pat the product in the skin, especially if you’re dealing with a troublesome forehead, under-eye or chin area.
- Follow this up with a light, evening moisturiser which easily glides on top of the serum for extra hydration.
Similar to the skin of the forties, it’s more important than ever to lock-in moisture and apply those creams at both morning and night!
- Keep your skin feeling hydrated at all times with the help of a thermal water. This has a controlled pH level which won’t overly dry your skin, and is actually better than tap water.
- Moisturise every evening with a thick moisturiser and don’t forget to focus on the neck. Pat the product between your fingers, and apply in upwards motions towards the chin.
Image via Oro Gold Review