Best St Tropez fake tan tips!
With 27 degree days forecast for most of the country over the weekend, I figure it’s time we start talking fake tan again. Yipee! To get you back into the groove here are some handy application tips from St Tropez.
1. If you’re a tanning junkie, make sure you exfoliate regularly to avoid build up as several layers of tan can result in an uneven result.
2. If you’re waxing or shaving before tanning, make sure you do it more than 24 hours before your tan.
3. When you’re tanning give yourself a good all-over polish and apply plenty of moisturizer the night before to get your skin as silky as possible. The most common cause of a patchy tan is dry skin, so it’s crucial to moisturize problem areas (wrists and hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet) immediately prior to self tan application.
4. Keep palms tan-free – try using latex gloves or an applicator mitt when applying, then simply sweep the backs of the hands with self tan diluted with moisturiser.
5. When you’re applying your tan, make sure you’re covered all over. Don’t worry if you go over the same area twice – the tan will only be patchy if you miss a bit, not if you double up.
6. Make sure you don’t rub in your gradual or self tan. Gentle smoothing is all you need, then you can let the product do its work. Rubbing may make the finish uneven.
7. Try to avoid washing your hands for as long as possible in the development time – a minimum of two hours. Try a hand sanitizer or wipes instead.
8. Your tan won’t get deeper the longer you leave it – once it’s been on for the required amount of time (check the pack) it will have given you the natural-looking golden color you’re after. For a deeper tan you should re-apply on successive days. Two to three days in a row will give you a really deep, rich bronze tan.
9. When you’ve applied your tan wear loose, dark clothing and avoid tight-fitting underwear. Anything that’s pressing on skin may make the results a bit patchy.
10. The hands and face will fade quicker than the rest of the body so apply St Tropez Rapide Face to the face and the backs of the hands to keep your tan looking fresher for longer. For a color boost for the rest of the body, try using St. Tropez Tan Intensifier every 2-3 days – but don’t
forget to polish and moisturize, too, or your color won’t fade evenly.