Big Aussie Burger Recipe
There’s nothing more satisfying than tucking into a big juicy burger, particularly if it’s homemade. This recipe, provided by celebrity chef Adrian Richardson, uses quality, flavoursome ingredients to ensure everything, including the meat patty, is cooked from scratch. The result? A classic Aussie taste sensation!
RELATED: Classic Montanara Pizza Recipe
1 kg lean minced beef (can use diced beef and pop through mincer)
100g thick-cut rashers smoky bacon, finely diced
1 small onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh chilli, finely chopped
3 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Olive oil for grilling
6 good quality burger buns or ciabatta rolls, split in half
1 small lettuce, leaves separated
12 slices beetroot
12 slices tomato
12 rashers grilled bacon
6 fried eggs
6 slices tasty cheese
Tomato or ketchup sauce
- Prepare your BBQ to medium-high heat.
- To make burgers, combine all the ingredients, except for the oil, into a large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to scrunch everything together so that the onion and flavourings are evenly distributed.
- Shape into 6 patties, making them as neat as you can, and about 2.5cm-3cm thick.
- Brush each burger lightly with oil and arrange them on your BBQ.
- Cook for 4 minutes and then turn them over. Continue to cook until they are done the way you like them. This will depend on the heat of the grill, the thickness of the burger and, of course, personal preference.
- Serve everything in the middle of the table so everyone can build their own burgers, the way they like them.
Recipe courtesy of Heat Beads
Paige is a writer and actress who looks great in hats, loves Game Of Thrones and is always up-to-date on the latest and greatest news. Follow Paige on Twitter.