How To Choose A Hairstylist For Your Big Day
Your wedding day will be one of the biggest days of your life and one that you’ll probably plan for months if not years and ensuring that everything is perfect for your big day, especially how you look, can be stressful and daunting. Your hair will be one of the most important bookings you make so to ensure that you make the right choice about your hairstylist, consider these top tips:
- Ensure that you take a look at their portfolio before you confirm a booking so you have an idea of their capabilities. If you’re hoping for an intricate hairstyle on your big day you’ll need to make sure that your stylist is capable of recreating it and pictures of past brides will give you a fair idea whether they’re experienced enough or not.
- When you contact a stylist you’ll need to get a quote to ensure that they’re within your budget. Agree on a fixed priced so you’re not sprung with any unexpected costs on your big day.
- When you meet with a stylist ask them to suggest some flattering styles that will compliment your look. An experienced hairstylist should be able to recommend a style that suits the look you’re going for.
- A great hairdresser will use professional and premium hair products so be sure to ask them what they use, especially if the style you want needs to be held firmly in place.
- Always have a trial before your wedding day, preferably a few months prior, just in case things don’t go to plan or you don’t like the style you’ve chosen after all. Try and have your makeup trial on the same day so you can get an idea of your overall look.
- Ensure that your stylist gives you a timetable for your wedding day, especially if they’ll be doing your bridesmaid’s hair as well. Being organised and knowing at what time everyone is to be styled should help the day run a little smoother.
- Also, ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed with your hairstylist. If you don’t get on well (even if they are an amazing hairdresser) then consider trying to find another stylist. The last thing you want on your wedding day is to feel irritated by someone when it should be the happiest day of your life.
Image via media1.fl.yelpcdn.com