This is a virtually awesome, absolutely delicious breakfast idea from Luke Hines and Scott Gooding’s new book Clean Living Quick & Easy. It contains high-protein nuts, chocolatey goodness from cacao, and tart raspberries, topped with creamy whipped coconut cream.
4 cups coconut flakes
1 cup roughly chopped blanched almonds
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1 cup roughly chopped cashews
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs
coconut cream, to serve
50g fresh raspberries, to serve
- To prepare the cacao granola, preheat your oven to 110ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the coconut flakes, almonds, walnuts, cashews, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut oil, cacao powder and cacao nibs well, then spread evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, giving the mix a bit of a shake-up halfway through the cooking time.
- When it’s golden brown and crunchy, take it out of the oven and set aside to cool on the tray.
- To serve, top the granola with some coconut cream and fresh raspberries.
Courtesy of Luke and Scott Clean Living Quick & Easy