Cacao Breakfast Crunch With Raspberries
This is a virtually awesome, absolutely delicious breakfast idea from Luke Hines and Scott Gooding’s new book Clean Living Quick & Easy. It contains high-protein nuts, chocolatey goodness from cacao, and tart raspberries, topped with creamy whipped coconut cream.
4 cups coconut flakes
1 cup roughly chopped blanched almonds
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1 cup roughly chopped cashews
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs
coconut cream, to serve
50g fresh raspberries, to serve
- To prepare the cacao granola, preheat your oven to 110ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the coconut flakes, almonds, walnuts, cashews, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut oil, cacao powder and cacao nibs well, then spread evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, giving the mix a bit of a shake-up halfway through the cooking time.
- When it’s golden brown and crunchy, take it out of the oven and set aside to cool on the tray.
- To serve, top the granola with some coconut cream and fresh raspberries.
Courtesy of Luke and Scott Clean Living Quick & Easy
Stacey has 10 years experience in both print and digital media. Her many roles in the Australian media industry include being a freelance web editor for several women’s lifestyle magazines, editor and social media manager for leading fashion and beauty website, 2threads.com and deputy chief sub editor of madison magazine. She has also worked on The Sydney Morning Herald, The Sun-Herald and the Canberra Times.