How amazing do these look? It’s luscious carrot cake – in cupcake form! Lindt Master Chocolatier Thomas Schnetzler shares his recipe for carrot cake cupcakes decorated with an adorable Lindt chocolate bunny.
Makes 12 cupcakes
350g Self Raising Flour
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
Pinch Sea salt
½ tsp Cinnamon, ground
170g Butter, melted and cooled
200g Dark brown sugar
1 large egg
100g Natural yoghurt
350g Carrots- around 3 medium sized ones, finely grated and steamed in the microwave for 2
2-3blocks Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy, depending on how generous you feel, chopped coarsely
12 cupcake liners
250g Cream cheese
½ each Lemon juice
6-7each Lindor balls white, melted
60g Desiccated coconut shreds, toasted
12 Lindt 10g Gold Bunny or your favourite Easter Lindt Chocolates
1. Preheat the oven to 185°C.
2. In a large bowl combine self raising flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and yoghurt. Mix in the grated carrot.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Lastly mix in the chocolate chunks.
5. Divide mixture into a cupcake/muffin tray and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a skewer
comes out clean. Allow to cool fully.
6. For the icing soften the cream cheese in the electric mixer with a paddle attachment. Add lemon juice and mix until light and fluffy.
Mix in the chocolate and whip further until light.
7. To assemble, top the cooled cupcakes with a generous amount of icing and coat with toasted coconut creating the
look of a little nest.
7. Top with the Lindt Gold Bunny or your favourite Easter treats.
What’s your favourite Easter recipe?