I have two active toddlers and they are ALWAYS hungry! It’s difficult trying to find something healthy and nutritious that they can snack on between meals but this slice is fantastic. It’s simple to make, quick and best of all, my children love it. Occasionally I make it when I’m fresh out of ideas for dinner too or I’m running behind time. It also keeps well in the fridge for a number of days.
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup firmly packed zucchini
½ cup firmly packed carrot
½ cup firmly packed parsnip (I sometimes substitute this for sweet potato)
2 green shallots
3 eggs, lightly whisked
1/3 cup tasty cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon sifted flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with baking paper or grease well with butter.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat then add zucchini, carrot, parsnip, shallots and cook for five minutes or until they are soft.
- Add eggs, cheese, parsley and flour and mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin and smooth down surface.
- Bake in oven for fifteen minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool before cutting into fingers.
Image via taste.com.au
By Karyn Miller