Celebrity Hairstyles: Charlize Theron’s Plaited Side Bun
Award-winning hairstylist Lizzie Liros shows us how to get a gorgeous plaited side bun like Charlize Theron. It’s such a romantic hair up style that we can’t help but think it would make a gorgeous wedding hairstyle whether you’re the bride, bridesmaid or guest.
1. Ensure the hair is completely dry.
2. Part the hair in a side part and pull back into a low side ponytail on the opposite side of the part, leaving only the fringe section out.
3. Split the ponytail in two and plait one section at a time. Then twist the sections in a circular motion to create a bun. Ensuring the hair band is hidden and pin the two plaits in place.
4. With your fingers using small amount of serum if desired, smooth out the front fringe section working away from your face, leaving a couple of stands to fall freely around your face.
5. Finish with a light hair spray to hold the hair in place, without creating stiffness.
Tip: Use a clip in hairpiece to create length and volume for the bun if your hair is not naturally long enough to create the look. Lizzie recommends the 2-Clip Clip-In Hairpiece by Amazing Hair Australia, RRP $42.00.
What do you think of Charlize Theron’s plaited side bun hairstyle?
For more information on Lizzie Liros visit www.lizzieliros.com.
Julia has lived and worked in London, Amsterdam, and New York, and is obsessed with food. She's either cooking or thinking about what to eat next. Follow Julia on Twitter.