Cherry Quinoa Salad With Lamb
This is one of those easy recipes that is perfect served as part of a summer buffet. You’ll love the combination of succulent lamb, fluffy quinoa and juicy cherries. Plus any leftovers make a delicious and healthy lunch.
Ingredients – serves 4
1 cup tri-colour or white quinoa, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
6 lamb tenderloin fillets
1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
1½ cups pitted fresh cherries, halved
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
½ cup finely chopped parsley
¼ cup finely chopped mint
1/2 cup toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
200g Greek feta
3 cups water
1. Combine water and quinoa in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until grains are tender. Drain, then transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
2. Lightly coat the lamb fillets in 2 tablespoons oil; season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Heat chargrill pan over high heat then cook lamb for 6 minutes turning or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk remaining oil and lemon juice until combined, then add to the quinoa and toss to coat.
5. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and toss well to combine. Slice lamb and serve on top of salad.
Note: For a vegetarian option, omit lamb and replace with zucchini.
What’s your favourite spring lamb recipe?