Chicken Breast Recipes: Chicken, Chive and Corn Fritters
We’re always looking for delicious chicken breast recipes so couldn’t wait to share this tasty chicken, chive and corn fritters recipe from ex-Olympic swimmer and mother-of-two Susie O’Neill. The sweetness of the corn pairs well with another colourful vegetable, avocado, and is guaranteed to satisfy a hungry family!
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 15mins
300g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
1/4 cup chopped chives
1 cup no added salt corn kernels
1/4 cup self-raising flour
20g (1 tablespoon) polyunsaturated margarine, melted
2 tablespoons reduced fat milk
½ cup no added salt corn kernels
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
1 small avocado, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped chives, extra
1 cup baby rocket leaves
1/4 cup no-fat plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. Slice the chicken breast in half through the centre horizontally. Cook the chicken in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until golden and cooked, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove pan from the heat and cover to rest.
2. Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl and mix in chives, corn, flour, melted polyunsaturated margarine and milk. Shred the chicken and add to the mixture. Using half the fritter mixture, spoon four even fritters into the pan and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked. Keep warm. Cook the remaining fritters as with the first four.
3. Create a side salad by combining corn kernels, tomatoes, avocado, extra chives and rocket.
4. Mix yoghurt and chives to create a delicious dipping sauce.
5. Serve fritters hot with the side salad and yoghurt and chive sauce.
Tip: Add a fresh lime wedge for some zing.
Visit Together Counts where Susie speaks about how to balance meals during the week, maintaining active lifestyles and her favourite recipes to achieve this.
Inspire us – what’s your favourite way of using chicken breasts?