This delicious chicken recipe comes from Sydney’s
The Duck Inn Pub & Kitchen. The salad of roasted capsicum, chickpeas and goats cheese makes the perfect accompaniment to juicy, sautéed chicken breast.
Preparation time: 30 mins Cooking time: 10 mins
??4 chicken breast approx. 200g each, skin on
1 red capsicum, sliced
?1 yellow capsicum, sliced?
1 Spanish onion?
1 clove garlic
450g tin cooked chickpeas?
150g baby wild rocket?
Small bunch of flat leaf continental parsley?
200g rind-less goat’s cheese?
Salt and cracked black pepper?
1. Peel and slice the onion, cook over low heat in a little olive oil. Once soft add the chopped garlic, red and yellow capsicum and continue cooking until soft but not coloured. Season to taste and set aside.??
2. Wash and pick the parsley. Turn oven on to 200C. Trim the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Pan-fry on a high heat skin side down until golden brown. Turn over to seal the underside and remove from heat to a baking tray. Place in the oven for approx. 10 mins until chicken feels firm to the touch.?
3. Meanwhile drain the chickpeas and place in a large bowl, add the capsicum and onion mix, parsley and rocket. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 mins.?
4. Dress the salad with the lemon dressing and season. Gently break the goat’s cheese up into pieces and toss through the salad.?
5. Place onto 4 plates and finish with the chicken breast.?
Tips: Make sure you use a non-frying pan and pat the chicken completely dry before you add it to then pan. This will ensure the skin crisps up beautifully.
Resting the chicken after cooking for at least 5 minutes is crucial. It will ensure that the breast will be succulent and retain all of its moisture.
Be sure to rinse the chickpeas to wash off any brine.
What is your all-time favourite chicken dish?