Healthy Chicken, Feta and Almond Salad Recipe
This chicken feta and almond salad is served with a raspberry vinaigrette, so it’s a great recipe to whip up in the warmer months. With a variety of fresh herbs and spices, it’s a healthy and versatile meal that you can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
1 cardamom pod
½ tsp fennel seed
1 tsp sea salt
Zest of 1 lemon
4 free range chicken breasts
Olive oil, for cooking
100ml Minchinbury Blush (Rosé)
⅓ punnet fresh raspberries
50 ml red wine vinegar
Pinch of sugar
150ml olive oil
Sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
100g freekah (or cracked wheat), cooked
100g mixed greens
100g rocket leaves
½ bunch flat parsley, leaves picked
½ bunch fresh basil, leaves picked and torn
⅔ punnet fresh raspberries
150g persian feta
50g toasted almonds
- In a small frying pan, lightly toast the peppercorns, cardamom and fennel until aromatic. Grind in a mortar and pestle with salt.
- Trim any excess fat from chicken breast. Pat skin dry and season well with spice mix and lemon zest.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, seal the chicken skin side down in a little olive oil and butter until golden. Flip over and finish cooking the chicken. When almost cooked add a splash of Minchinbury Blush to deglaze the pan juices. Rest the chicken.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients into a glass jar, secure the lid and shake well to infuse.
- In a large bowl, add freekah, lettuce, rocket, herbs and raspberries. Add raspberry dressing and gently turn to coat the leaves. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Dice the cooked chicken and place onto the salad. Top with feta, almonds and a few more raspberries.