Chicken, Lettuce Delight With Lup Cheong Recipe
If you’re looking for a meal that’s not too heavy but still tastes delicious, this chicken, lettuce delight by Adam D’Sylva will certainly do the trick. “Don’t let the exotic ingredients throw you off recreating this at home,” he says. And in case you’re wondering what lup cheong is, it’s a “delicious dried Chinese sausage” that works wonders in this dish.
4 iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed to form cups
1 lup cheong sausage, diced
4 spring onions, sliced into rounds
2 shallots, diced
4 shitake mushrooms, diced
6 water chestnuts, diced
10 sprigs coriander, picked and washed
200g chicken meat, minced
15g corn flour
Pinch of sea salt
1 organic egg
Cashew nuts fried crushed
100ml light soy sauce
40ml shao sing cooking wine
25ml oyster sauce
5ml sesame oil
- In a bowl, mix water, corn flour, salt and egg together then add quail mince and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for dressing together and set aside.
- In a hot wok fry quail mixture until caramelised and fluffy.
- Add vegetables and continue cooking until onions are cooked through and aromatic. Remove from heat and season with dressing and coriander leaves.
- Divide evenly into lettuce cups, serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Footscray Fresh Food Markets, Melbourne