Chicken with Seedless Watermelon Salsa
It doesn’t get more healthy (and easy) than this recipe. Perfect for weekend BBQs and parties.
INGREDIENTS: SALSA AND SALAD
• 3 cups cubed Seedless Watermelon
• 2 cups cubed peeled ripe mango
• 3 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
• ¾ cup finely chopped red onion
• 2 tbspns olive oil
• 1 pinch of salt
• 4 large handfuls of roquette, washed
• 1 tspn ground cumin
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tbspn lime juice
• 1 tspn sugar
• 1 tbspn olive oil
• 4 medium chicken breasts, trimmed of any excess fat
1. Add cumin, lime juice, sugar and olive oil to a large baking dish, and add chicken breasts
2. Add crushed garlic and combine well. Cover and keep in fridge for 1-2 hours
3. Place cubed Seedless Watermelon, mango and finely chopped red onion in a small bowl, and add olive oil and salt, stirring gently to combine. Keep aside in fridge, until chicken is cooked.
4. Prepare generous handfuls of roquette on each plate as a side
5. Grill chicken breasts on the barbeque over medium heat until cooked through, turning only once to give char grilled lines across each side
6. Serve up chicken breasts to each plate, and top with large spoonfuls of salsa. Add cubed avocado, and garnish lightly with cracked pepper to taste
Tip: for a more ‘rustic’ looking salad, roughly slice chicken breasts and toss well with salsa, roquette and avocado in a large bowl. Place in the centre of table and allow guests to help themselves!
The smoky flavour of flame-grilled chicken with a sweet and salty salsa is a great combo. With a high vitamin C content and low sugar content this is the perfect all-season dish.
Brought to you by The Harvest Company – we’re changing the way Australians eat. Visit http://www.seedless.com.au for more interesting facts and great recipes for Seedless Watermelon!