Pasta is one of our favourite quick dinner ideas, and this delicious chilli and prawn spaghetti is ready in under 20 minutes.
375g Vetta Smart Pasta Cholesterol Lowering Spaghetti #1
2 tbsp olive oil
½ small red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 long red chilli (seeds removed), finely chopped
¼ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
16 prawn cutlets, deveined and tails intact
1. Cook pasta according to packet directions in a large pan of salted, boiling water.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large fry pan. Quickly cook prawns until pink. Remove from pan and add onion, garlic and chilli; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
3. Drain the pasta, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
4. Return the cooked prawns to the pan; add cooked pasta and 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Stir to combine.
5. Add the parsley and serve immediately.
What is your favourite quick pasta recipe?