The glorious combination of chocolate and strawberries is one of life’s simple pleasures. If you’re planning a party, chocolate coated fruit is quick to prepare and even quicker for your grateful guests to devour.
250g Well Naturally Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Melts
Freeze dried raspberries
Pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces
Nuts or coconut (optional)
- Fill a saucepan with water to 1/3 full. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, not a boil.
- Take a glass bowl and rest it over the saucepan, ensuring that the bowl does not touch the water. You have now created a double boiler.
- Place 2/3 of the chocolate into the glass bowl and reserve 1/3 for later use.
- With a wooden spoon, gently stir the chocolate as it melts. Place a cooking thermometer into the chocolate and melt chocolate to 45 degrees C. Remove the bowl from the heat and place on a bench top.
- Add the remaining 1/3 of the chocolate to the melted chocolate mixture and stir constantly with your wooden spoon until the chocolate’s temperature comes down to 32 degrees C and the chocolate has melted. You should have glossy, melted chocolate ready for decorating.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the chocolate mixture onto the paper.
- Dip a raspberry into the chocolate, allowing the chocolate to coat half of the berry/pineapple. Remove from chocolate allowing any excess to drip back into the bowl and then dip into the nuts or coconut. Place the raspberry and pineapple pieces on the tray lined with baking paper and repeat this process until you have used all of the fruit.
- Place chocolate-dipped fruit in the fridge for 20 minutes or until the chocolate has set.