Valentine’s Day is all about indulgence, and this gooey chocolate fondant with luscious peanut butter ice cream has indulgence written all over it! Recipe from The Tea Room Gunners’ Barracks, Mosman, Sydney.
225g dark cooking chocolate
225g unsalted butter
125g plain flour
Peanut butter ice cream:
300g raw peanuts
12 egg yolks
Pinch of sea salt
For the fondant:
1. Whisk eggs and sugar together.
2. Melt chocolate and butter together in a bowl over simmering water.
3. Combine ingredients til smooth then sift in flour and fold in.
4. Pour mixture into greased ramekins and bake at 170C for approx 15 mins or until the top of the fondant is starting to crack.
For the ice cream:
1. Roast peanuts until golden, add to water and bring to boil.
2. Whisk sugar and eggs together.
3. Pour boiled water over eggs and sugar and cook until the mixture coats the back of a spoon and resembles a smooth custard.
4. Pour mixture over diced butter and whisk until melted, add salt, churn in an ice cream machine or pour into an ice cream container immediately when mixture is still warm.
5. Serve with fresh berries.