Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Bake a batch of these addictive chocolate fudge cookies this weekend and watch them disappear as quick as they come out of the oven (we love them served with a glass of ice cold milk!). Recipe by Lindt master chocolatier Thomas Schnetzler.
Ingredients – makes 30-40 cookies
360grams Lindt Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon coffee
¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
120g almonds, coarsely chopped
120g pistachios, coarsely chopped
170g Lindt Swiss Classic White Chocolate, chopped in chunks
170g Lindt 70% Excellence Bar, chopped in chunks
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chopped Bittersweet chocolate, stir until melted and remove from heat.
2. Combine the eggs, ½ of sugar and extracts and whip until creamy.
3. Combine remaining dry ingredients with remaining sugar and add to the egg mixture.
Stir in the melted chocolate/butter mixture. Stir in the nuts and the chopped chocolate.
4. Preheat oven to 180C. Press the dough into a large baking pan or deep tray and refrigerate minimum 1 hour. The dough should not be more than 1.5 cm thick or it will not maintain its shape when baked.
5. Cut the dough in strips and then into small squares. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper and bake 5-7 minutes.
6. Cool on rack and store in airtight container.
What are you baking this weekend?