Chocolate Orange Tart
A family favourite recipe, if you love Jaffas you’ll love this chocolate orange tart! Recipe © Kathy Blanter.
1 shortcrust pastry shell (store-bought is fine or make your own to fit a 20-23cm tart pan)
125g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
300ml thickened cream
120g good quality dark chocolate
2 Tablespoons caster sugar
2 large free range eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Zest of 1 orange
Optional: pear jam or marmalade
1. Preheat oven to 200C. If using homemade shortcrust pastry, roll out the pastry and line an oiled 20-23cm tart tin.
2. Place baking paper on the pastry and fill with baking beads to blind bake. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove beads and paper. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
3. Remove pastry and turn oven down to 170C.
4. Melt chocolate in the microwave – in 30 second bursts at 80% power. When chocolate is melted whisk through sugar. Add soft cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
5. Add cream, eggs, zest and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
6. If using jam or marmalade, spread the jam in a thin layer over the base of the tart, then pour in the chocolate mixture. If not using the jam just pour in the filling.
Do not over fill. You need a couple of millimeters of visible crust at the edge.
7. Bake for 25-35 minutes. There should still be a slight wobble in the centre of the tart. Remove from the oven and leave to cool, then chill.
What’s your favourite baking recipe?