Chrissy Teigen’s Retro Waves Tutorial
Model Chrissy Teigen is known for her fashionable hair and style choices and this one is no exception. Her Golden Globes ponytail was once one of the best hairstyles from event season – and with good reason! She then rocked it again at the Billboard Music Awards with stunning retro curls, which has inspired us to get the hot rollers out for this easy tutorial.
1. To pump up the volume, use a root-lifting shampoo and conditioner to awaken the hair follicle in the shower. Make sure to massage the roots for 2-3 minutes, then wash out with lukewarm water.
FIX Volume Shampoo and Conditioning Duo, $15.95
2. Once hair has been towel dried, apply a nourishing serum on your ends. This will lock-in moisture and seal the hair from drying out.
Wella Scalp Energy Serum, $32
3. Divide hair into small sections depending on the size of your curls, then roll them up into each hot roller. Clip them on the crown of your head, then use a blow drier to set the hair in place.
Babyliss Pro Ceramic Jumbo Hot Rollers, $99.95
4. Once you’re happy with each curl, take them out individually and brush through with a wide-tooth comb. This will create the illusion of thicker hair and will make the curls look lived-in.
5. Set with a heavy-duty hair spray to keep curls looking defined all night long.
Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray, $28.55
Image via Public.fr