Get the kids involved on Christmas morning making these irresistible peppermint chocolate truffles to serve with coffee or a glass of eggnog.
250g pure cream (not thickened cream)
275g dark chocolate, finely chopped
20ml (1tbs) Queen Natural Peppermint Extract
crushed pistachio nuts
1. Pour cream into a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
2. Remove saucepan from heat. Add all chocolate and stir until melted and combined.
Add butter, stir until melted. Add peppermint essence, stir until combined.
3. Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
4. Line a tray with baking paper. Place spoonfuls of chocolate mixture on tray.
5. Dust your hands with crushed pistachio nuts or cocoa powder, and gently form spoonfuls into balls. Roll each ball in either nuts or cocoa powder.Refrigerate until firm. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
What’s on your Christmas menu?