Classic Beef Nachos Recipe
Nachos are a summertime staple since they’re so quick and easy to make, plus are easily altered to suit dietary requirements.
We have tracked down the perfect traditional nachos recipe which takes less than 20 minutes to prepare, and tastes great when paired with a side of tequila shots!
2 lbs ground beef
2 (16oz) cans refried beans
2 8 oz cans of black olives, diced
1 small jar pepper rings
1 bag round tortilla chips
2 bags shredded mexican-style cheese
large jar of salsa
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF)
- Spread a layer of chips on the bottom of a baking dish, enough to cover the bottom to a layer of 2-3 chips deep.
- Mix 1.5 cups of salsa and refried beans in a bowl. Microwave bowl long enough to heat beans and spread bean mixture on chips, add a layer of shredded cheese and cook until it melts.
- Cook ground beef, drain, and add 1/4 cup of taco seasoning and just enough water to make it not dry.
- Remove pan from oven, add ground beef, and another layer of cheese then heat in oven again to melt cheese.
- Remove pan from oven, add a layer of salsa, black olives, and pepper rings. Top off with more cheese and heat until it begins to melt.
Recipe via Open Source Cook, Image via Taste